Rhymes with Dylan
Rhymes with Dylan
There's a bar I frequent, with a friendly barmaid serving to an outside deck, she's always seemed very giving of her time and happy, the sort of girl you'd camp out with in Ibiza sit around beach bonfires with, and do a lot of clubs if you were her age, but the cynic in me did think perhaps she just does that for the customers as she's being paid.
Well no. I saw her on the other side of the bar tonight with a rolling a large glass of red through her fingers. She smiled and waved actually recognising me. She was wearing a large long black quilted jacket which seemed a bit over the top for the mild weather.
We went over for a chat as we were ordering anyway, the guy I was with was talking about care homes and the final years with elderly relatives, I know he's going through that but not sure it's Friday post work drink fayre. Anyway she listened intently and the other guys I was with made their way to a table and I found myself continuing the same subject, she thought something I said was very compassionate from my own experience reached out and gave my forearm a squeeze. She was a natural communicator. She impishly volunteers that sometimes she smokes a bit of weed, and was surprised I wasn't a smoker.
She has very beautiful, a cascade of long brown hair with a wave, large brown eyes, which open wide and flare when she's interested in something - which you can't fake, she smiles a lot and has teeth which are perfect with a pleasing bevel to each edge. She has freckles too. She takes the jacket off and rolls up her sleeve to show me a tattoo. It's very well done in a neat sketched line work style of a geometric array of planets interconnected with smaller circles representing people, it was about harmony and togetherness.
I'd never met anyone when I was younger that was like her, so vibrant and the essence of life. It was like talking to the sun, all warming and joyful, I got caught up and for a moment time and age meant nothing. I'm a faded shell these days in my 50's the bridge I walk in life now has a few planks missing and the ropes are worn. I missed my chance even though my essence as a person is polished to perfection like a gem from the rough and tumble of life but nobody sees that.
She has an Irish name that rhymes with Dylan. Something else pretty unique in a life that so often needs the sunlight getting through the cracks these days.
Comments
Post a Comment